At Immel Construction, looking for quality
people is on ongoing process. We make it a practice to always be
reviewing resumes and considering applicants for a potential
At this time, the following positions are under
consideration. All positions are full time and eligible for
benefits unless otherwise noted. Benefits include Health,
Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability,
401k, Vacation and Holiday pay.
Please send your information
with the position listed in the subject
line. You may also mail your information to Immel
Construction, Attn: Human Resources, 1820 Radisson Street, Green
Bay, WI, 54302. Due to the volume of applicants, no phone
calls or walks in please.
Summary: Directs activities of
workers on the construction site. Oversees construction
progress and ensures it is according to plans and
specifications. May work under the direction of the Lead
Superintendent. Works with the customers, architects,
subcontractors, field crew, and office staff.
Minimum Qualifications for
- This position requires a minimum of ten years of experience in
the construction field.
- Leadership skills are above average.
- Has the ability to effectively critique work and trouble
shoot. Plans and organizes people, material and equipment
- Holds current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must have completed the OSHA 30 course at a minimum.
- Has high level of computer skills including Word, Excel,
Microsoft Outlook, and Internet knowledge.
- A valid driver's license required.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent
- Performs prompt accurate work in fast paced setting.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
As our Superintendent you will be responsible
- Responsible for staffing requirements according to construction
- Ensures proper materials, tools, equipment and labor are ready
and on site for the work that should be performed each day.
- Confers with and directs subcontractors engaged in planning and
- Coordinates various phases of work to avoid construction
- Meets with project managers, owners, architects, inspectors and
engineers to evaluate construction progress and possible changes.
Inspects work in progress to ensure it conforms to specifications
and schedules are adhered to.
- Works with the Project Manager to forecast upcoming
construction phase requirements. Responsible for safety on the job
- Oversees all workers including subcontractors are operating
with all safety rules and requirements in place.
- Responsible for reporting accidents, injuries and safety
- Accurately prepares time sheets for entire crew.
- Maintains compliance with regards to SWPPP (Storm Water
Pollution Protection Plan), controlled access, Hazardous Waste,
- Completes inspections and related reports.
- Completes daily progress reports.
- May support lead Superintendent.
- Evaluates progress by units and turns in completed material and
equipment reports. Completes daily labor reports.
- May generate RFI's as well as document and communicate
- Prepares extra work forms.
- Collects completed new hire paper work from new employees.
- Discusses labor issues with union representatives. Receives
Assistant Estimating Coordinator
Summary: Reporting to the Director of
Pre-Construction, this position will work as an integral part of
the estimating team to secure new projects for the company.
This position will work closely with all estimators,
project managers and support staff during the bidding portion of
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains plans and specifications from owners and architects for
potential projects to bid.
- Coordinates plan deposits and ensures plans are returned in
exchange for deposit.
- Initiates bid solicitation to insure proper bid coverage.
- Follows through on bid solicitation to ensure quotes are
received timely and in areas needed including MBE needs.
- Contacts subcontractors as directed to communicate bid needs
and obtain estimating information. May include securing quotes for
unique equipment, materials or subcontracted items.
- Plan and Addenda distribution and tracking on jobs currently
estimating including uploading to iSqFt website.
- Coordinates with Surety Company for bid bond needs as well as
ensures required insurance coverage has been reviewed.
- Reviews specification and completes pre bid documents including
bid form and required accompanying forms. Ensures applicable staff
is knowledgeable with areas to be completed at bid time.
- Verifies delivery venue requirements (fax, website, hand
delivery) and coordinates staff if needed.
- Responsible for building permit estimates as well as project
area sales tax.
- Bid day responsibilities including entering data in
spreadsheets, organizing of bids and quote verification.
- Utilizes iSqFt bid software to create reports, bid lists and to
- Maintains weekly current list on projects being bid for staff
meetings and publications. Also compiles data for yearly
- May attend prebid meetings.
- Delivers bids as needed.
- Maintains iSqFt data base and saves historical data.
- Provides support to Estimators as needed.
- Back up to the Receptionist as needed.
- Maintains the bid room work space including coordinating
technology needs and documents are filed post bid.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of construction, engineering or architecture
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Effective computer skills including computer estimating excel
spread sheets and word processing.
- Valid driver's license
OPPURTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy
of Howard Immel Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, height, weight, marital
status, misdemeanor arrest record or any other characteristic
protected by law. This policy applies to all employment
decisions, including but not limited to: hiring, discharge,
promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment and selection for
training including apprenticeship.