Please send your
information to email@example.com
with the position listed in the subject line. You
may also mail your information to Immel Construction, Attn: Human
Resources, 1820 Radisson Street, Green Bay, WI, 54302.
Industrial Project Manager/Estimator
Immel Construction is seeking an Industrial Project
Manager/Estimator to join our team in Green Bay, WI. This
professional will focus on industrial, millwright, and building
maintenance work for a wide variety of construction projects
throughout the Midwest.
Responsibilities will include project estimating, preparation of
sub-contracts, cost management, and communicating directly with
field supervisors to ensure projects are completed in a timely
manner, high quality workmanship, safety compliance, customer
satisfaction and scheduling of manpower. An interest in sales
is preferred. Immel Construction is willing to train the
- Review Owner Contracts.
- Coordinate the pre-construction process, to include: Confirm
contract, insurance certificate, and lien waiver documents are
current for sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Analyze self-perform activities for each job assigned.
- Continually analyze progress of the project.
- Schedule industrial manpower needs for a core group of
industrial field personnel.
- Review general project site order and cleanliness.
- Monitor quality through construction, punch lists, and warranty
- Monitor subcontractor performance.
- Responsible for safety on all assigned projects.
- Financial Management:
- Prepare schedule of values.
- Regularly review and analyze job cost and production.
- Address cost concerns (labor, materials,
- Closely monitor cash-flow.
- Review / Process subcontractor and supplier billings.
- Approve change orders and issuance of contract revisions to
- Thorough knowledge and ability to estimate industrial
carpentry, building maintenance, and millwright based projects.
Millwright based projects would include installation,
modifications, rebuilds, alignments, and rigging.
- Actively participate in pursuit of both hard-bid and negotiated
- Scope identification & development of bid packages
- Conduct successful buyout process (being aware of scope
evaluations, cost efficiencies, risks).
- Review of constructability issues.
- Cultivate current client relationships and develop new client
- Experience managing construction projects of various sizes and
- Demonstrated ability to manage all financial aspect of
- Analytical skills, able to comprehend complex details of a
project and fit those details into the larger theme of project
- Working knowledge of basic carpentry, concrete, building
maintenance, and small scale industrial related remodeling
- Millwright and rigging experience.
- Ability to present a positive image, to relate well with owners
- Communication skills, able to carefully listen to client and
subcontractor concerns, distill out issues and provide coherent
feedback in a timely manner.
- Presentation skills, able to provide information to groups in a
way that is interesting and respectful.
- Facilitation skills, able to lead meetings that have productive
- Problem solving skills, able to understand the root cause of
problems, develop meaningful solutions and ensure the solution is
implemented and evaluated.
- Computer skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) Familiarity with the use of Procore and
Oracle Primavera p6 is preferred.
Summary: Directs activities of
workers on the construction site. Oversees construction
progress and ensures it is according to plans and
specifications. May work under the direction of the Lead
Superintendent. Works with the customers, architects,
subcontractors, field crew, and office staff.
Minimum Qualifications for
- This position requires a minimum of ten years of experience in
the construction field.
- Leadership skills are above average.
- Has the ability to effectively critique work and trouble
shoot. Plans and organizes people, material and equipment
- Holds current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must have completed the OSHA 30 course at a minimum.
- Has high level of computer skills including Word, Excel,
Microsoft Outlook, and Internet knowledge.
- A valid driver's license required.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent
- Performs prompt accurate work in fast paced setting.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
As our Superintendent you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for staffing requirements according to construction
- Ensures proper materials, tools, equipment and labor are ready
and on site for the work that should be performed each day.
- Confers with and directs subcontractors engaged in planning and
- Coordinates various phases of work to avoid construction
- Meets with project managers, owners, architects, inspectors and
engineers to evaluate construction progress and possible changes.
Inspects work in progress to ensure it conforms to specifications
and schedules are adhered to.
- Works with the Project Manager to forecast upcoming
construction phase requirements. Responsible for safety on the job
- Oversees all workers including subcontractors are operating
with all safety rules and requirements in place.
- Responsible for reporting accidents, injuries and safety
- Accurately prepares time sheets for entire crew.
- Maintains compliance with regards to SWPPP (Storm Water
Pollution Protection Plan), controlled access, Hazardous Waste,
- Completes inspections and related reports.
- Completes daily progress reports.
- May support lead Superintendent.
- Evaluates progress by units and turns in completed material and
equipment reports. Completes daily labor reports.
- May generate RFI's as well as document and communicate
- Prepares extra work forms.
- Collects completed new hire paper work from new employees.
- Discusses labor issues with union representatives. Receives
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPURTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy
of Howard Immel Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, height, weight, marital
status, misdemeanor arrest record or any other characteristic
protected by law. This policy applies to all employment
decisions, including but not limited to: hiring, discharge,
promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment and selection for
training including apprenticeship.